Thursday, December 8, 2016

back on the blog


I really hadn't meant to stay away from this space for so long. No, really, I hadn't. In the year or so since I last posted anything ...

I went back to London after 7 years of being away! I got to meet up with family and friends and it was a lovely yet busy break.

Hammam Melouane
I've experienced more of the seasonal weather changes. Remember, I'd spent almost 10 years in Jeddah where it's either REALLY hot, hot or not SO hot!


We've enjoyed some beach days ...


... had loved ones visit ... 

Tipaza
 ... and seen a little bit more of Algeria ...

At the Roman Ruins, Tipaza

On a lovely boat ride from the ruins
... And I had a baby! Yes, well and truly blessed with another little teddy bear person. Alhamdulillah!

I had thought I'd be able to have and share more adventures here in Algeria, but pregnancies and two births (the last one being an emergency Caesarean) kind of changed how things happened. I do hope to be able to share a bit more here now though in sha Allah.

5 comments:

Jodiebodie December 9, 2016 at 5:02 PM  

Congratulations on your new baby! Big hugs to you - I'm so sorry you had to endure an emergency situation. That can be scary! (I can empathise) I hope you and baby have recovered well.

Welcome back to the blogosphere. I wouldn't worry about being away so long - you have plenty of extremely valid excuses! :-)

Thank you for the travelogue photos. I plan to find out more about those places, especially the Roman ruins.

If you weren't busy before you left, you are sure to be extra busy now with a new darling in the family but I hope you can still find time for a few crochet stitches here and there, and to say hello on your blog every once in a while.

Congratulations again. Wishing you all the best. xxx

Fruitful Fusion December 12, 2016 at 7:56 PM  

Thank you so much for your comment Jodie. Thankfully we're both fine and settled (8 months later) after the birth and C-section.I'm glad you like the photos. I too, hope to be popping in to this space a bit more. Thank you for a lovely "welcome back".

sharon December 17, 2016 at 7:06 PM  

What a joy to find your post this morning. So very happy to hear of the new blossom in your family bouquet, knowing you're both well and thriving now, and to see the warm, sunny photos in your post. (We're in the midst of a winter storm here and expecting our temperature to drop to 17 below zero tonight.)
Hope you'll find time to post your handwork again soon.

Imaan December 21, 2016 at 8:57 AM  

as salaamu `alaykum dear Sister!!!!

I am SO GLAD you are back! I was away for the longest time too... I needed to get my act together! We must be kindred spirits :) So much eye candy on your blog, Allahumma zidd wa baarik! I now want to visit Algeria badly :) Oh you know, my eldest is now CRAZY about crochet? She has a long way to go but has made us all hand warmers and is making cute pincushions and toys. She has been looking at your work too!

Unknown December 21, 2016 at 8:59 AM  

OH!! And MABROOK!!!! Give Smally a cuddle and kiss from us in Pakistan!

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading what you have to say and look forward to checking in with your blog too.

  © Blogger template AutumnFall by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP